Sunday, July 18, 2010

Riskay




I do not know this woman; however, her wedding gown is very sexy.
I do wish to reflect on something wedding related that I can not seem to understand. I may never understand it, which is frustrating. My brother who is in Afghanistan has chosen to not attend his sister's wedding. This will be the second cherished moment in one of his sisters' lives that he will be missing. I am fearful that he will choose not to attend mine some day. I do know that if I was in my sister's place I would probably take it as a bad omen and not go through with it. I know that my sister is a very smart woman and will not do this, but if I were in her place I would only see it this way. Yes he is deployed right now and spending 4 days of his 14 day leave may not be in his plans but what the hell? I cannot understand it. I am kind of choosing not to because it is not right.
Sometimes we have to accept things that just aren't right in life but when it comes to family I believe that we should be there for each other all of the time, and support each other in all aspects of life.
On a lighter note summer is almost over, I know this because my birthday past and it always flies by after that. The search for a fall job and become severe and I am anxiously putting out cover letters and resumes. Perhaps a full time job teaching art to middle schoolers? Or perhaps a full time job working at a school tutor half a day and secretary the other half? Or perhaps paid intern at a gallery? Who knows, the possibilities are endless!

1 comment:

  1. We can not fret about the choices others may make for themselves nor shall we ever truly understand them when they are the wrong choices in our eyes. He will look back and someday realize what he missed out on for his own self indulgence. We will celebrate for him and relish in our choices and feel at Peace. Are we selfish for not making his homecoming the most important thing to celebrate by leaving him behind?

    ReplyDelete